Species-Appropriate Food For Dogs & Cats
Harvard Medical School determined that diet can promote cancer or protect against it. The Animal Cancer Center at Colorado State University found that cancer is responsible for 50% of all dog and cat pet deaths each year.
A species-appropriate diet is key to protecting against cancer. RAWsome Meals are modeled on the food indigenous people fed their dogs, dogs that ran with the hunters for 18-20+ years. Depending on the region, indigenous people hunted deer, elk or bison and shared the muscle, organs* and bones with their dogs in all likelihood because they saw that wild dogs and wolves preferred the same prey, over smaller game. It's believed that wild canines prefer ungulates instinctually because ungulate muscle tissue contains energy-storage molecules and chemical messengers called lipids that appear to treat and prevent chronic disease. True science tells us that our canine (and feline) friends require the 4 key elements of whole prey; muscle, secreting organs, marrow bone and fermentation-forming digestive enzymes to maintain optimum health:
- Muscle supplies protein and healthy fat for energy
- Heart is rich in amino acids; potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and B-vitamins
- Secreting organs supply a host of minerals and fatty acids
- Bone provides calcium, for bone strength
- Marrow contains collagen, glucosamine and iron, for joint health
- Fermentation converts protein into amino acids
RAWsome Meals contain 71% ungulate muscle, 10% ungulate heart, 3 secreting ungulate organs (10% combined) and 9% (powdered) ungulate marrow-bone, which adds up to 100% species-appropriate essential nutrition. However, our production facility is human-grade certified so we cannot include the digestive bacteria and microorganisms found in whole prey that create the fermentation needed to maintain a "healthy gut". So, by adding at least one form of fermentation, seen below, your pet’s nutritional needs for optimal health and wellness are complete.**
- Basic probiotic: Add 1-2 Tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar with mother per lb. of RAWsome Meals.
- Probiotic & fiber: Add 1-2 Tbsps low-sodium fermented organic veggies per 1-lb. of RAWsome Meals.
- Whole prey w/digestive enzymes: Substitute 2 oz/lb. of RAWsome Meals with our whole prey.
** See our How to Feed RAWsome page for feeding instructions.
No More Stinky Poo!
No More Stinky Poo!
There are multiple benefits to feeding your dog nutrient-dense, species-appropriate food. One, is that more of each meal is converted into life-sustaining enzymes and energy, which translates to a healthy immune system and small, firm, round stools that don’t smell like, you-know-what!
RAWsome Meals are optimized for healthy pets and may not be suitable for animals on some medications. Consult a nutrition-trained vet for specific dietary advice.
RAWsome Meals produced by H.F. Meats, Inc. for Carnivore Feast. Copyright 2020-2023 by Carnivore Feast, Los Angeles, CA