Feeding RAWsome MealsTM
Feeding RAWsome MealsTM
RAWsome Meals is a boutique operation w/limited production capacity. Our meals are handmade in small batches.
If feeding your pet 100% RAWsome Meals is too expensive, replace at least 25% of your pet's diet with RAWsome Meals to make difference.
Feed your pet a percentage of its ideal weight based on their activity level.
- Moderately active (leash-walked) dogs need about 18% - 21% of their ideal body weight, weekly.
- Active dogs & puppies need 22% - 29% of their ideal body weight, weekly.
- Elderly & inactive dogs may need as little as 14% - 17% of their recommended body weight, weekly.
- For cats, begin with the same amount of wet food currently being fed and adjust as needed.
How much should I feed my pet?
- Identify your pet’s activity level, above.
- Note your pet's “ideal weight”.
- Choose a level of activity (below) from within the activity level chosen.
Moderately active dogs = (ideal wt.) x .18, .19 or .20 = weekly ration in lbs.
Active dogs & puppies = (ideal wt.) x .22, .23, .24, .25, .26, .27 or .28 = weekly ration in lbs.
Inactive & Elderly dogs = (ideal wt.) x .14, .15 or .16 = weekly ration in lbs.
My dog’s weekly ration: . . . 48 lbs x .25 = 12 (1 lb) meals a week.
The simple way to feed: Don’t measure out daily rations, just be sure your pet gets his/her weekly total every seven (7) days.
To get equal daily rations, divide the weekly total by 7 (12/7 = 1.7 lbs. or 1lb 11oz) per day. Divide by 6 to include a fast day.
- For rations less than 1lb., multiply the daily ration result by 16 to convert your answer to ounces and round-off, as needed.
Recommended natural probiotics:
Basic: 1 - 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar w/mother per 16oz of raw meal. Add a little water and mix gently.
Complete: 1 - 2 Tbsp fermented greens and brine, per 16oz of raw meal fed. Apple cider vinegar, optional
Nature's way: Whole prey. 1/4 - 1/2 ration mixed in.
Thawing RAWsome Meals:
- Thaw gently: Thaw overnight in refrigerator prior to feeding.
- Thaw quickly: place tightly closed package into a bowl of hot water, replacing hot water as needed.
- Thaw in microwave (not recommended): Remove from container, place on porcelain dish, "nuke" on Defrost.
Delivery to Metro Los Angeles; Mon., Wed. & Fri. To San Fernando Valley & Inland Empire, Thurs.
- Delivery is FREE on your first order of $48 or more.
- Orders of $300 or more deliver FREE.
- Delivery charge to anywhere in metro Los Angeles region is $25.
- Orders are delivered frozen via refrigerated van.
- Dry ice is available, at additional cost, to keep meals frozen for up to 24 hrs. after delivery.
Need to travel with frozen raw meals? Pack with dry ice in a quality cooler. Replace dry ice, as needed. We sell dry ice.
Need meals shipped outside of metro LA? Contact us to arrange shipments.
Due to market fluctuations, prices can change without prior notice.
RAWsome Meals are optimized for healthy pets and may not be suitable for pets on some medications. For specific dietary advice consult a nutrition-trained vet.
RAWsome Meals produced by H.F. Meats, Inc. for Carnivore Feast. Copyright 2020-2023 by Carnivore Feast, Los Angeles, CA